6. Meanwhile, in another country, folks were getting way fed up with all V-Day related activities.
Some Kuso pranksters in Taiwan (think 4chan sensibilities) started a meme called 去死去死團, which roughly translates to the Go Straight To Hell Coalition. It’s not as threatening to couples as it sounds. When a friend breaks up, you can throw a bash welcoming him/her back into the unofficial group.
12. On both Valentine’s days, restaurants start to look like this:
Some places give out free drinks and desserts if couples kiss on the spot. Others have menus specifically catered for folks on dates. Typically they suggest pork, salads, and citrusy foods for women, and savory, meatier foods for men.
If all of this sounds commercial and overbearing to you — you’re right, it totally is.
14. So every year, the merry V-Day pranksters take to the streets and cause havoc.
- The final four remaining Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers have surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Southern California Gas said the massive natural gas leak that forced thousands of residents from their homes is now under control.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸