Chipotle announced yesterday that it would be printing original writing from 10 authors on its cups and bags.
Vanity Fair has more information on the project, which is helmed by author Jonathan Safran Foer. On the whole, anything that puts more money in the pockets of writers is a good thing, although we do hope that they expand their roster to include Latino authors soon.
In honor of Chipotle’s new foray into publishing, we designed a few of our own cups with first lines from classic novels:
1. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.
2. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy.
3. Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
4. Gravity’s Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon.
5. The Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›