Chipotle announced yesterday that it would be printing original writing from 10 authors on its cups and bags.
Vanity Fair has more information on the project, which is helmed by author Jonathan Safran Foer. On the whole, anything that puts more money in the pockets of writers is a good thing, although we do hope that they expand their roster to include Latino authors soon.
In honor of Chipotle’s new foray into publishing, we designed a few of our own cups with first lines from classic novels:
1. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.
2. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy.
3. Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
4. Gravity’s Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon.
5. The Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›