3. “Can you draw me?”
A great way to offend someone if you screw up.
4. “Why won’t you hang out with us?”
Because I’m hard at work drawing all day… Ha. ha ha ha.
7. When you find out that a talented artist is ten years younger than you:
8. When you realize too late that you drew thumbs on the wrong side.
11. When attractive strangers approach you and you’re convinced this is what they’re thinking:
Of course you’re grateful of the artistic attention, but…
12. When people you barely know email you to draw flyers for them for free:
14. When someone looks over your shoulders as you draw:
15. When fan art gets 1000x more reblogs than your non-fan art work:
16. When people find your old DeviantArt/Livejournal/Blogspot gallery:
17. When college art classmates call everything ‘meta’ and think using bodily fluids is still transgressive.
18. When you think about the job market at all:
19. When people actually want to buy your work:
20. When you’re drunk at a party and doodle on everything you see.
21. When you’re meeting your favorite artist. Or a fan meets you:
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.