“Attack On Titan” (AKA Shingeki no Kyojin, or SnK) is probably the biggest deal in anime right now. Think a zombie movie combined with a military detective story set in medieval Germany. Japan’s Mainichi Shimbun newspaper called it a “once-in-a-decade hit series.”
“Attack On Titan” also has some of the most insane fans on the internet. They’ll find any chance to slather the opening’s melodramatic J-rock onto the most hilariously incongruous Youtube footages.
For comparison, this is the show’s original opening:
Here’s what the fans have turned it into:
1. Attack On Cattan
Meticulously live-acted by reluctant cats. Some of the kanji says “My wife is coming to bathe you.”
2. Attack on Christopher Walken
3. Attack on Animal Crossing as sung by K.K. Slider
4. Attack on Obama
5. Attack on DOUBLE DREAM HANDS
6. A Hong Kong fan changed the lyrics and video and made it a protest song against China
7. Attack on laundry
8. “You can’t just slap Attack on Titan’s OP on everything” — yes you can
9. Attack on Winnie The Pooh
10. The Bollywood version
It fits the theme song… really well.
11. “Smoke weed everyday”
12. Attack on Skeletor
13. Creepy cosplay version
Basically, search Youtube for “Shingeki no ____” and you’ll find an “Attack on Titan” opening parody of it.
And a mental health break
A sixteen year old girl did a (really good) acoustic cover of the song
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.