1. Meet the bigfin squid, an elusive and frankly quite terrifying cephalopod. This one was spotted in the Gulf of Mexico under 7,800 feet of water.
The photo is made up of stills taken from this video, filmed in 2007 by oil company Shell, near their Perdido drilling platform.
2. According to Deep Sea News, little is known about these squid because few have ever been captured.
The first was seen in 1988 and only a handful have been seen since, mostly by cameras on remotely operated vehicles.
3. Watch the full video to get a better sense of this impressive creature.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.