1. Mantis shrimp are known for their quick and deadly punches.
So when biologist Jamie Seymour from James Cook University and cameraman Richard Fitzpatrick dangle half a fish on a stick in front of one, and film it in slow motion, you know it’s going to be worth watching.
2. Here’s the crucial moment.
It’s speeded up a little in the GIF, so watch the video for the full slo-mo effect.
3. And the moral of the story: don’t mess with a mantis shrimp.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- Leaders of the U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, have voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.
- The Women's World Cup final is set: Team USA and Japan will play on Sunday ⚽️