1. When you check the weather forecast and it looks like this.
5. In fact you may as well just surgically attach one to your hand.
7. If you do get sun, it doesn’t last more than a few minutes.
8. Or everything happens at once and you don’t know whether you should be wearing suncream or a raincoat.
9. You have to find imaginative ways to dry your shoes after coming in from the rain.
10. And your socks.
11. Eventually you accept that any footwear that isn’t wellies will get ruined.
12. And you’ve basically given up on any hairstyle that’s not “windswept”.
13. You start feeling sorry for tourists who didn’t get the memo.
14. But you’re used to it now, so you don’t have too much sympathy.
17. Sometimes this happens.
18. And this.
19. Walking down the pavement without being poked in the eye by someone else’s brolly is a challenge.
20. You’re constantly looking for things to shelter under.
21. Beer gardens become huge puddles.
22. You worry you’re actually starting to like the rain.
24. Because, honestly, it feels like home.
Never change, Manchester.
Kelly Oakes is science editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.