1. If you haven’t noticed, Taylor Swift is super into flowers lately. She’s throwing flower-centric parties, painting peonies and talking endlessly about her desire for a garden.
2. Normal Taylor Swift behavior? Sure — if by “normal Taylor Swift behavior” you mean “an elaborate campaign designed to subtly foreshadow the themes and metaphors of her fifth studio album due out this fall.”
3. On her twenty-second birthday she posted a photo with the caption “Studio/birthday/new album/red shoes.” to her Instagram. It was a sneaky way of revealing the title of her fourth album Red months before she officially announced it.
4. Last year she threw a garden party in Melbourne for her birthday.
5. And what was she surrounding by?
Lots and lots of flowers.