1. If you haven’t noticed, Taylor Swift is super into flowers lately. She’s throwing flower-centric parties, painting peonies and talking endlessly about her desire for a garden.
2. Normal Taylor Swift behavior? Sure — if by “normal Taylor Swift behavior” you mean “an elaborate campaign designed to subtly foreshadow the themes and metaphors of her fifth studio album due out this fall.”
3. On her twenty-second birthday she posted a photo with the caption “Studio/birthday/new album/red shoes.” to her Instagram. It was a sneaky way of revealing the title of her fourth album Red months before she officially announced it.
4. Last year she threw a garden party in Melbourne for her birthday.
7. A couple months later she picked up watercoloring and started sharing her art on Instagram. Her subject of choice? Flowers.
9. And then she moved to New York, where she immediately was spotted shopping for flowers in a floral dress.
10. If that weren’t enough, earlier this week she wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal about how she believes albums are still a viable and relevant art-form. It ended like this:
11. “And as for me? I’ll just be sitting back and growing old, watching all of this happen or not happen, all the while trying to maintain a life rooted in this same optimism.
12. And I’d also like a nice garden.”
13. CASE CLOSED.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›