1. On Monday, Taylor Swift broke the internet when a cryptic video captioned “So, here’s your first clue…” was posted to her Instagram.
2. Swifties immediately went into high-alert assuming the clue revealed something about her upcoming fifth studio album.
3. Two days later she posted a second clue: a screenshot of her phone’s clock and wallpaper.
4. Clue two was then followed by a Yahoo! search query on Thursday afternoon.
5. Fans seem to be in agreement that these hints probably mean Taylor will be debuting her new single at 5 p.m. on Monday, August 18 during a Yahoo! livestream but a closer look at clue two suggests that’s not the only information she’s revealed.
7. Besides the cat! Ignore the cat! The cat is a red herring!
9. Taylor’s fondness for instant-film photography is well established.
15. And, most recently, polaroids of radio programmers hanging out in her New York apartment with every award she’s ever won.
16. That’s right, she’s been inviting radio folk over to goof around with her trophies and polaroid camera.
17. And maybe (just maybe!) listen to her new single.
18. While none of the attendees have mentioned anything about a single, they have all posted polaroids of themselves hanging with Queen T on social media.
19. Which could just be a coincidence.
21. #Polaroid #Polaroid #AHashtagMeansItsOfficial #RulesOfTheInternet #Polaroid
22. “Oh, what’s that Grammy Number Seven? Were you saying something? You want to know if my single is really titled ‘Polaroid?’”
23. “I guess you’ll just have to wait until the eighteenth to find out, huh?”
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.