1. Let’s be honest, Charli is the best part of “Fancy.” You’re only listening to sing along to her ***flawless hook.
2. Her major-label debut True Romance is literal perfection. There’s not a dud song on the whole album. It’s just forty-seven solid minutes of alt-pop heaven.
3. She wrote the best party-girl anthem in history: Icona Pop’s “I Love It.”
4. She performs with an awesome all-girl band. (Just like Beyonce!)
5. Her personal style is the perfect mix glitter and grim.
6. I mean, have you even listened to “SuperLove”?
7. Or “Nuclear Seasons”?
8. Or “Boom Clap” for that matter?
It’s like she’s not capable of writing anything but a hit song.
9. Earlier this summer she helped turn unknown Ryn Weaver into the next big thing with the song “OctaHate.”
10. Seriously, Charli is a crazy generous writer. She gives away hits like they’re going out of style. She has no regrets about giving Icona Pop “I Love It,” she originally wrote “Boom Clap” for Hilary Duff and she submitted demos for Britney’s last album.
12. When she was fourteen she convinced her parents to loan her enough money to record her first album. Titled 14, the record helped her get signed to Atlantic.
13. She released 14 under Orgy Music, a record label she formed with Martin Hayter.
14. Big hair, don’t care? More like big hair, don’t give a fuck.
15. She’s got seriously global roots: her father is Scottish and her mother is Indian by way of Uganda.
Side note: How cute is Charli’s mother?