1. It’s Just Some Dude, Doing What He Loves
In honor of HONY’s one millionth “like,” here’s a screenshot of the message I sent to all my friends and family on day one. I remember it was kind of embarrassing, and I winced a little bit every time I hit “send.” But, hey— you’ve got to start somewhere.
3. It Gives Us Hope
“We met before the internet. So I did it the old fashioned way.”
“I put a classified ad in New York Magazine.”
“What’d it say?”
“Harvard lawyer, runner, and tennis player looking for woman who is beautiful inside and out. And I got it! It was both of our second marriages, but we’ve been together 28 years.”
5. (Eventual) Genuine Goodness
“One time I was hitchhiking in California when this guy in a truck pulled over and picked me up. The first thing he did was crack open a beer, then he handed me one. I don’t even drink, but I pretended to drink it. Then he reached into a compartment and pulled out a handful of weed and asked me if I wanted any. When I told him ‘no thanks,’ he just threw the handful of weed at me and said ‘I don’t even need it, I own four weed farms.’ At this point it was dark and I was getting pretty nervous. Then he said he had to pee, so he pulled off this side road and drove deep into into the woods. I was gripping my bottle, getting ready to hit him in the face with it.”
“So, what happened?”
“Oh nothing. He was just peeing. Then he gave me $200 and bought me dinner.”
8. It’s Just About A Different Perspective
A girl dangling off the edge of the GW bridge. Several cop cars showed up a few minutes later after several 911 calls. Asked what she was doing, she said: “Enjoying life.” Strangely poetic that one person’s enjoyment of life can appear to so many as a desire for death.
Six years ago I got a job in New York, and I needed a roommate, so I found Nate on Craigslist. We lived together for three years and became very good friends. I live in Toronto now, but I come back every couple of weeks to visit with him.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰