This Is Why Squids Will Destroy Humanity

There’s something very fishy going on.

1. We’ve only explored 5% of the ocean, and the other 95% is mostly terrifying, huge, mysterious squids.

Regis Duvignau / Reuters

2. LOOK AT THIS THING.

Shutterstock

LOOOOOOOOK.

3. WHO NEEDS THAT MANY ARMS?

Shutterstock

No one that can be trusted, that’s who.

4. The giant squid and colossal squid have the largest eyes in the Animal Kingdom, measuring in at around 10 inches in diameter.

Wikipedia / Via en.wikipedia.org

Go get a ruler right now, and let that sink in.

5. That’s roughly as large as a beach ball.

snowflock/snowflock

So go ahead and avoid the ocean forever.

6. The vampire squid can turn itself INSIDE OUT.

 

INSIDE THE FUCK OUT.

7. Some species of squids have parrot-like beaks that are razor-sharp and can bite through bone.

Wikipedia / Via en.wikipedia.org

They will literally grind your bones to make their squidbread.

8. The giant squid’s only known predator is the sperm whale (i.e. MOBY DICK).

The only thing that can kill a giant squid is longer than a school bus and weighs between 35 and 45 tons. Great.

9. And they are crafty. A giant squid hadn’t been caught on video in its natural habitat until 2012.

 

They’re too busy BEING REALLY SKETCHY.

10. If that giant squid on film had its tentacles fully extended, it would be as tall as a two-story house.

Los Angeles Times / MCT

Two. Stories. Of. Squid.

11. BUT THE COLOSSAL SQUID MIGHT BE EVEN BIGGER.

The colossal squid is believed to be the largest squid species, and can measure in at an estimated 46 feet. GOODBYE.

12. And its tentacles are covered in swiveling hooks.

Wikipedia / Via en.wikipedia.org

I.E. HOOKS THAT MOVE WHEN YOU TRY TO ESCAPE.

13. Some kinds of squid can regenerate their tentacles over time.

Wikipedia / Via simple.wikipedia.org

We cannot beat them, because they are IMMORTAL LIMB-GROWERS.

14. And they must want revenge, BECAUSE WE EAT THEM.

Shutterstock

WHY ARE WE PROVOKING THEM?

15. And they’re getting it. A South Korean woman’s cooked squid dinner tried to impregnate her mouth in 2012.

20th Century Fox / Via benji3o3.deviantart.com

Which is basically the entire premise of the movie Alien, sooo.

16. We have trivialized their power.

Walt Disney / Via sciencedaily.com

Dammit, Disney.

17. And mocked them.

Nickelodeon / Via fancylemurs.tumblr.com

Dammit, Patrick.

18. And now, the time draws nigh.

NIGH, FELLOW HUMANS.

19. There’s only one question left:

Walt Disney Productions / Via b-a-n-d-i-d-a.tumblr.com

YEP.

Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!

Facebook Conversations
          
    Hot Buzz

    What’s Your Biggest Dating Deal-Breaker?

    collection

    What’s The Most Awkward Thing That’s Ever Happened To You In A Restaurant?

    collection
    Now Buzzing