1. Grab that book you’ve been meaning to read, this is one of the precious few summers you won’t have to read anything for school.
2. Do something you’ve always been too afraid to try.
But nothing, like, too crazy.
3. Throw a fancy theme party so you can wear your prom dress again.
And rock the hairstyle you didn’t try at prom.
4. Drive around for no reason, roll the windows down, blast your favorite song.
And when people stare, just smile and wave.
5. Fall head over heels into summer love.
You’re only young once.
6. Start and finish a creative project.
You probably won’t have a lot of time once the semester starts.
7. Take too many pictures, you’ll want all of them someday.
You might remember the big moments, but over time, you’ll forget the wonderful details.
8. Go to the a theme park with your friends and make a pact to ride every roller coaster.
And if you hate roller coasters, make a pact to play every cheesy game in the park.
9. And eat Dippin’ Dots and cotton candy all day.
Your stomach won’t be this youthful and resilient forever.
10. Make some mischief.
*relatively tame mischief
11. Explore your hometown, go somewhere new.
It’s bigger than you think.
12. And also frequent all your old favorite spots.
Soon, it won’t be so easy to get to them.
13. Eat at your favorite local restaurant as often as you can.
You’ve only got a few months left to get through the whole menu. Twice.
14. Go on a spontaneous road trip with your friends.
Decide to do it, and then just do it.
15. Take the plunge and get the hairstyle you keep debating.
It’ll grow out by the end of the summer anyway.
16. Have lunch with your favorite teacher.
Good mentors are hard to find.
17. Make all sorts of time for your friends, soon you’ll be going in different directions.
18. But make even more time for your family. Come Fall, you’ll miss them more than you realize.
19. But also give yourself some alone time (especially if you’re going to have a roommate soon).
20. Don’t waste time worrying about the future this summer, this is the one summer when you can afford to not worry about anything.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›