1. So the camera can cut to every black person in the audience again.
Sophie Okonedo got two angles.
6. So Diddy can make a face like this again:
He was half-amused.
8. So Spike Lee can get another day in the sun:
He never shows up for these things anymore, but he clapped for Fahrenheit 9/11.
9. So Rock can diss more stars.
11. So everyone can learn that actors are really lame:
“Forgive my compromised sense of humor, but I did want to answer our host’s question about who Jude Law is,” said Sean Penn. “He’s one of our finest actors and [applause] what Jude and all other talented actors know is that for every great, talented actor, there are five actresses who are nothing short of magic.”
12. So Rock can remind us that he did “Pootie Tang” again:
“You want Denzel (Washington) and all you can get is me? Wait, Denzel’s a fine actor. He woulda never made Pootie Tang,” he said that night.
13. So more of the audience can be totally awkward:
Here’s Johnny Depp, Vanessa Paradis and Kate Winslet looking utterly pleased to be there. The laughter was really quiet from those not sitting at home on their couch.
14. Rock on, Chris.
15. Thank you for making all of Hollywood so uncomfortable.
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›