1. So the camera can cut to every black person in the audience again.
Sophie Okonedo got two angles.
6. So Diddy can make a face like this again:
He was half-amused.
8. So Spike Lee can get another day in the sun:
He never shows up for these things anymore, but he clapped for Fahrenheit 9/11.
9. So Rock can diss more stars.
11. So everyone can learn that actors are really lame:
“Forgive my compromised sense of humor, but I did want to answer our host’s question about who Jude Law is,” said Sean Penn. “He’s one of our finest actors and [applause] what Jude and all other talented actors know is that for every great, talented actor, there are five actresses who are nothing short of magic.”
12. So Rock can remind us that he did “Pootie Tang” again:
“You want Denzel (Washington) and all you can get is me? Wait, Denzel’s a fine actor. He woulda never made Pootie Tang,” he said that night.
13. So more of the audience can be totally awkward:
Here’s Johnny Depp, Vanessa Paradis and Kate Winslet looking utterly pleased to be there. The laughter was really quiet from those not sitting at home on their couch.
14. Rock on, Chris.
15. Thank you for making all of Hollywood so uncomfortable.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›