1. Cottage cheese gets a bad rap, probably because it’s considered a diet food.
4. It’s probably true that anything recommended by Elizabeth Taylor is either something to emulate or carefully avoid.
5. Commercials like this one don’t help much.
6. “Knudsen cottage cheese is high in protein, yet still low in fat.”
7. “Which brings new meaning to the term ‘cottage cheese thighs’.”
8. Some feel so negatively about cottage cheese that they have to use caps lock to express their emotions about it.
9. On some level, you can’t blame them: It’s a weird food.
10. But you can actually use it in a lot of things.
Like these cookies.
13. You can even make your own, if you’re into that sort of thing.
There are lots of recipes to try; this one is for large curd cottage cheese.
14. It’s most famous for pairing well with fruit.
16. (Though there are people out there who find this even more repulsive than regular cottage cheese.)
17. Some people even go so far as to add ketchup to it.
(Admission: This is delicious. Please don’t internet attack me.)
18. In fact, there are people who stockpile cottage cheese.
20. And yeah, the texture is sort of bizarre…
That’s half the fun.
21. There are so many brands and types to choose from!
Depending on the level of saltiness you enjoy.
22. Cottage cheese is so classic it is even referenced in a nursery rhyme.
24. EVEN MEN.
25. Bottom line: If it’s good enough for a baby, it’s good enough for you.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›