1. The bizarre theme song.
The lyrics were literally “Come on and Zoom!” over and over again. Endlessly catchy.
2. Castmembers like Keiko.
What a kook.
Seriously, David was the best.
You can remember your favorite castmember here.
3. They had a lot of science experiements.
For those who couldn’t handle the rough serious world of Bill Nye.
5. It brought you to Cafe Zoom.
It was the place to eat. Your parents loved it that half the recipes required their supervision.
6. Zoom Guest was a segment where they just interviewed kids just like you.
But who were a lot more talented and liked things like electricity and dogs.
7. The “Zoom” kids always reminded you how to get in touch with them.
“We can’t do it on our own; we need YOU to make it known!”
As if you could forget!
“Everything you see right here could only be on Zoom because of every one of you.”
“Email or Zmail!”
Get it, it’s like email but it’s through the mail and addressed to Zoom.
8. The whole show was actually just full of crowdsourced ideas from “viewers like you”.
This is the clothespin game, where you try to drop a few clothespins into a cup faster than your competitor. Thanks Trevor S., of Harrisonburg, Virginia for that brilliant idea!
9. They had scintillating man-on-the-street interviews about important topics.
“What’s your favorite food?”
10. And important discussion of “phenomenons.”
11. Or games.
12. You could write a play and they would perform it for you.
13. They had serious conversations, like what it would be like to have a different name.
Or about their most embarrassing moments.
Lynese shared about the time her hair extensions came out in the pool.
14. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t know how to have a good laugh.
“Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this.” “Well then don’t do that.”
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›