1. When everyone spent their first Thanksgiving together eating grilled cheese sandwiches.
2. When Rachel stuck marshmallows up Monica’s nose after she was told to put them in concentric circles.
“No Mon, you want to put them in concentric circles. I want to do this.”
3. When Joey wore Phoebe’s maternity pants to give him enough breathing room for feasting.
4. When the gang played a more entertaining and intense game of football than an actual NFL game.
And when the Gellers’ relentless, competitive nature came through.
5. When Joey put a turkey on his head to scare Chandler, and it got stuck.
6. When Chandler proved his friendship to Joey by spending Thanksgiving in a box.
…with just a peephole to breathe and communicate from.
7. When Monica tried to seduce Chandler with carrots and knives…
8. …but accidentally dropped one of the knives and cut his toe.
9. When Rachel screwed up the English Trifle by adding beef and peas from a Shepherd’s pie.
11. And when Chandler fought with Joey over the Dutch girl.
“The important thing is the Dutch girl picked me! Me, not you — Holland loves Chandler, thank you Amsterdam, goodnight!”
12. When Phoebe and Chandler pretended to be invested in a football game to avoid helping Monica in the kitchen.
“Well the Lions technically won, but it was a moral victory for the Green Bay…Mermen.”
13. When Monica strongly encouraged everyone to delicately eat dinner, so as not to ruin her fancy wedding China.
She wanted to save it for a special occasion… like when the Queen came for dinner.
15. When Chandler’s hatred for Thanksgiving NEVER got old.
16. When they had random guests celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with them.
Like Will - aka Brad Pitt, aka Jennifer Aniston’s husband at the time - who co-founded the “I Hate Rachel Green Club”.
Or when Richard’s son came to visit.
“Do you want a relationship where you can actually say, ‘That’s not how your dad used to do it?’”
Or when Rachel’s sister visited.
17. And when Joey consumed an entire turkey by himself.
Bring on the meat sweats.
18. When Phoebe had the best/worst Thanksgiving story… because she was a nurse during wartime… in 1862.
“MORE BANDAGES! MORE BANDAGES! PLEASE CAN I GET SOME MORE BANDAGES IN HERE?”
19. When Monica put a turkey on her head and did this little dance for Chandler.
20. When Monica’s Type-A personality almost ruined Thanksgiving dinner.
21. When everyone revealed embarrassing secrets to Mr. and Mrs. Geller.
22. When Ross was genuinely angry because someone stole his moist-maker after Thanksgiving was over.
And proved how everyone feels when they can’t eat leftovers.
23. And when the gang cared about each other’s happiness, making sure everyone had a great holiday.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He's been apprehended..
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.