2. TOMMY by The Who
It’s all about metamorphosis: caterpillar to moth, man to woman, a deaf, dumb and blind boy into the Pinball Wizard
3. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson
4. IN OUR NATURE by Jose Gonzales
ABBA just doesn’t fit the mood of Larsson’s book as well as this other Swedish born musician.
6. THE BEST OF ART TATUM by Art Tatum
Alex Cross must be a fan of the greatest jazz piano player of all time.
8. BACK IN BLACK by AC/DC
Kick ass music for a kick ass hero who is back in Black Ops…get it?
10. I’M YOUR MAN by Leonard Cohen
Both Capote and Cohen “love the inner music that words make.”
12. AQUALUNG by Jethro Tull
These creative works dwell on the dour musings of God and faith.
14. The Shining Original Soundtrack
Oh for crying out loud, the film was awesome and so was the book.
16. 52nd STREET by Billy Joel
Did you know the “Queen of Crime” was also a pianist and a singer?
17. THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER by Tom Clancy
18. BORIS GODUNOW by Modest Mussorgsky
A great story about a Russian submarine should be paired with a great Russian opera.
19. THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
20. DIAMOND DOGS by David Bowie
Doyle’s book aims to solve the mystery of the supernatural dog and Bowie’s dog-themed album is certainly out of this world.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!