1. Hagrid - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
If we had to pick one character from the Harry Potter books to be our best friend, it has to be Hagrid. His loyalty to Harry, love for everything in the magical animal kingdom and his sweet cottage hideout make Hagrid the one character we’d feel safe around.
She goes out to grab coffee and a croissant like she’s attending the Oscars.
Truman Capote’s character is romantic, glamorous and just a little crazy, but we all need that in our lives. She may be a little delusional but she’s a lot of fun to be around. If you run into Holly GoLightly, you know that there is a party coming your way.
7. Robin Monarch - Rogue by Mark Sullivan
He’s been described as the Jason Bourne of the new millennium. He travels across the world at a moment’s notice to thwart international terrorist plots. Some people’s lives are just more interesting than yours. Why not be their friend to live vicariously through them?
11. Sookie Stackhouse - The Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris
Sookie is from a swampy Louisiana town overrun with vampires. She also has a sweet and innocent accent that seems to get her out of any pickle she gets herself into. If you’re being chased by supernatural beings, give Sookie a ring and she’ll conjure up some fairy magic.
13. Dean Moriarty - On The Road by Jack Kerouac
A good friend can be reliable, but it’s more interesting to find a friend that is unpredictable, spontaneous. He might be sleeping on your couch one day and traveling to Mexico the next. ON THE ROAD is based on his real life friendship of Jack Kerouac with Neal Cassaday and it led to one of the greatest novels of that generation.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰