1. HELP FOR THE HAUNTED by John Searles
This TODAY Show book critic sure knows how to scare his readers.
2. IT by Stephen King
This one’s a classic. If you read this one before your trick-or-treating, cross your fingers there aren’t too many people dressed as clowns.
3. SPELLCASTER by Claudia Gray
Want something a little lighter? Try this young adult novel about witches in a small, Rhode Island town.
4. R.L. Stine’s Goosbumps series
For the younger readers in your life (or if you just want a trip down memory lane) pick up something by the master of scary fiction.
5. WORLD WAR Z by Max Brooks
Nothing is scarier than a world being taken over by zombies, so instead of going to see the movie, read the book first.
The original dystopian novel, you can never read this classic too many times. Plus, what’s scarier than an island full of young boys?
7. Bram Stoker’s DRACULA
Before vampires sparkled and drank True Blood, they lived in castles, fed on humans, and scared readers…
8. SILENCE OF THE LAMBS by Thomas Harris
Nothing keeps you up at night like a charming cannibal and serial killer.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›