1. So all of a sudden your internet goes out…
4. “Operator.” “Operator.” “OPERATOR.” “OP-ER-AT-OR.” “Representative?”
6. They ask for your account number. Because oh yeah, sure, you have your paper bill right here. NOT.
7. After verifying every possible aspect of your identity, first things first, they remind you that you currently owe $173.51.
9. So you explain what’s going on. Your precious internet just isn’t working, can they send someone to fix it?
11. Yes, you DID try resetting the modem and the router. You’re not an idiot.
13. Break out the big guns. Start yelling. This is UNACCEPTABLE.
16. So you take off work and wait around all day, but they never show up.
Katie Notopoulos is a senior editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about the intersection of tech and web culture.
Contact Katie Notopoulos at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›