1. Realize that you’re stuck doing the chores they usually do.
3. Sleep like a mad person.
6. Realize how useful your spouse actually is.
8. Eat things only in bowls.
9. Avoid using any actual dishes.
10. Allow the dishes to pile up until they come home.
11. Eat the food your spouse is allergic to.
12. Do extremely experimental cooking ideas.
14. Binge-watch the TV shows they don’t like.
15. Stay up way too late binge-watching that show.
16. DELIVERY FOOD.
17. Get EXTREMELY annoyed if you have to wait to watch one of the shows you watch together.
19. Fill your wineglass extra high so you don’t have to get off the couch again.
20. Abuse electricity for the sake of extreme laziness.
22. Do the weird chores that would baffle and annoy your spouse if they saw you.
27. Seriously, you might get scurvy if they’re gone for more than two weeks.
28. Realize exactly how useful they really are.
29. Frantically clean up an hour before they come home.
Katie Notopoulos is a senior editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about the intersection of tech and web culture.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.