3. You’re a 2010s kinda person, you’re going to do your taxes yourself online
Rip up that stupid old paper tax form, you’re gonna use that computer machine of yours to pay the goverment!
Unless, of course, you’re one of those people whose parents’ accountants still do their taxes, which is the 20-something equivalent to having your cellphone through your parents’ family plan.
4. But first, you have a few questions…
13. Coca-Cola once thought Tax Day was a good advertising opportunity:
14. Yeah right. The secret is that everyone does their taxes drunk:
Anyone doing their taxes today is just flat-out irresponsible. I did mine half-drunk yesterday at noon because I’m an actual adult.— Panicky Bird
I just got drunk and did my taxes at the last minute because I am everything that’s dumb about America.— Sunny Cynicism
Twitter, you’re making me feel better about getting drunk and doing my taxes at the last possible minute.— anon
Filing taxes drunk #awesome— maryrose
I’m drunk and doing my taxes and this guy definitely know hahah he’s too funny tho— nando pacheco
Only way to do your taxes is drunk— Five On It
21. If you used TurboTax, perhaps you made some new friends along the way:
Hi, new stock image friend, you seem enthusiastic.
Hello, trustworthy older woman.
Hello, brassy no-nonsense lady. I trust you to make sure these are correct. You’re like the enforcer.
Hi friend! I imagine your name is Maxine because you love to maximize refunds, and also that seems like the kind of name you might have.
25. Except that the TurboTax site crashed the night before taxes are due…
It went down around 11pm EST (20 minutes after I finished my taxes, thank you very much),
27. But you have to keep going in hopes of getting a refund…
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit could be a "turning point" in saving the planet. The talks in Paris include 196 countries 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›