1. You’re starting to see sickenly cutesy things like this in your Facebook feed
3. They’ll probably post pregancy portraits on Facebook. It is your duty to “like” it and not laugh.
Do not smirk. Straight face.
4. No matter what, you must hit that “like” button.
I know the popped out bellybutton thing is freaky. But you need to stay strong.
5. All of a sudden your friend will have weird dietary restrictions you never even knew about
NO SOFT CHEESES??? NO FRESH SQUEEZE JUICE??? What nightmarish hellscape is this???
6. When they post incomprensible sonograms, do NOT mention anything about seeing the baby’s penis
How the heck does anyone understand where the baby is? Who actually can read these other than doctors?
7. And if they post something that is WAY too much information, you cannot complain.
I know. I know. Deep breaths. But just ignore it.
8. A word of advice: if you think you ever want to have kids, do NOT allow them to tell you about any of the gross body stuff because it will scare the hell out of you
Never EVER Google “mucous plug”.
9. When they ask if you want to hold the baby, you have no idea what the hell you’re doing
Don’t worry, if you’re reading this, I can pretty much guarantee you were dropped at least a few times, and you made it.
10. You’re afraid you’re going to break it or do something stupid
Ok, actually don’t do this.
11. When they start breastfeeding in front of you, you’re like “be cool be cool be cool be cool don’t look don’t look don’t look at the boob be cool this is totally cool”
Assuming you’re a well-reasoned modern human, you know that breastfeeding is a beautiful natural thing that shouldn’t be taboo at all. But you can’t help that you feel just a little weird at seeing your friend’s boob (especially for guys), but you don’t want to let it show.
12. But here’s the secret: you need to just chill, because babies are pretty cute
13. They’re basically just tiny idiot humans
Look at this little dummy! He doesn’t know how to get the spoon! What a rube!
14. They’re amused by pretty much anything
Just wait till this kid gets a load of the peekaboo game.
15. They don’t really do much, but sometimes they’re kinda funny
I can’t explain this. I don’t think normal babies do this. But honestly, who the hell knows.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›