1. First of all, can we quit worrying about getting germs from water fountains? No one is actually putting their mouth on it.
4. The knobs are annoying, but often yield a better water pressure
5. When there’s finger outlines on the buttons, you should attempt to line your fingers up with them, just for OCD reasons
6. I’m sorta sure that pressing both buttons on these makes the pressure stronger
7. Porcelain ones where you have to stick your head all the way in are often cooler, and your head is enveloped in a breezy icebox
8. Bad. Outdoor concrete ones always have bad pressure, warm water, are often broken, or have gum in them
10. These big boys typically have cold water, but are prone to dreaded “dribble” water pressure
11. Tall rectangle fountains are the best - the coldest water and with an optimal pressure
12. I still count to 5 in my head when drinking from a fountain
13. Warning: double fountains can be a splashy danger
Often, their water pressure is tied together, so if both are going at the same time, there’s lower pressure. If you start drinking while someone else is using the other fountain, and then that person leaves, your stream will regain full pressure, blasting up into your face.
14. “Bubblers” are terrible and get water all over your face and up your nose.
17. Ugh, look at this abominable water pressure - this poor pooch!
- A BuzzFeed News investigation lifts the lid on a security scandal that the police and MI5 tried to keep secret.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store.