2. Your mouth is watering just thinking about the warblers you’ll only see twice a year
3. You can’t wait to get out there and commune with some nature
5. When they excitedly tell you they saw a cardinal in their yard, you’re have to be like
“Oh, a CARDINAL, yes, that’s so cool! Nice work spotting it, thanks for taking a cellphone pic to show me.”
6. Or when they try to describe a black bird they saw at the beach and that’s clearly a cormorant
7. They don’t understand the feeling you get when you see a new bird for the first time
9. And you drive 2 hours to go see some random bird that never comes through your area
10. Then when you arrive, you just wait….. and wait…. and wait…..
And sometimes it’s just gone.
11. The heartbreak when you see a rustle in a bush and then it just a lame old robin.
12. The pain you feel when you hear a bird and can’t identify it and can’t see it
13. Admittedly, birders may not exactly be the coolest people out there.
14. And it’s not like you “love birds” in some creepy way
16. The small moments you can share with these creatures in nature.
18. It teaches us to pay close attention to the tiniest details, searching for each stripe and marking to identify a bird.
19. Taking the time to watch their behavior, noticing new things about them every time.
20. Just looking at all these birds is making you tingle with excitement.
22. You’re freaking out just thinking about when the next time you can go out birding will be.
23. Ah, yes. You are a birder.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel on Saturday in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.
- Popular sections of Reddit went dark Thursday as confusion and protests swept the site.