15. “Wuv” Bernando of P.O.D.
Real first name: Noah. Isn’t that a nice name?
14. “Coby Dick” of Papa Roach
In his defense, he announced a few years ago he wants to go by his real name, Jacoby Shaddix.
12. “Fieldy” from Korn
Real name: Reginald Arvizu. Ok, fair enough, I’d want to go by a nickname, too if I were a Reginald.
11. “Stage” Williams of Drowning Pool
Apparently the nickname Stage came about because….. he liked to be on stage.
Sadly, Stage (real name: Dave Williams) died suddenly on the band’s tour bus of cardiomyopathy, a heart disease.
9. “Wayne Static” of Static-X
Real name: Wayne Wells. Why not change Wayne?
8. “Twiggy Ramirez” of Marilyn Manson’s band
Real name: Jeordi White
7. “Bug” from Coal Chamber
Real name: Mikey Cox. Supposedly, he got the nickname because he would always annoy Coal Chambers’s bassist, Rayna Foss-Rose.
5. “Ashes” from Static-X
Honestly, I can’t find any information on his real name. It’s just Ashes.
3. “Tiny Bubz” of Hed PE
Hed PE is like an all-star line-up of silly names. Also includes:
DJ Project © 1969 (yes, copyright symbol included)
2. “Fred” Durst of Limp Bizkit
Frederick is actually his middle name - his first name is William. Who chooses to goes by “Fred” if they have a different name?
1. “Spider One”, singer of Powerman 5000
Possibly the silliest band name, band, style of dress, and everything. Real name is much more metal anyway: Michael Cummings. You have a name like MIKE CUMMINGS and you change it to some stupid bug reference? Smh.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.