1. Public Image Limited: Metal Box
As the title says, Johnny Rotten’s post-Sex Pistols band put out it’s 1979 record in a plain metal round box.
2. Science Vs Witchcraft: It’s Not Necrophilia If You’re Dead Too
Packaged in an empty floppy disc
3. Dead Kennedys: In God We Trust, Inc
The second side of the tape is left blank purposely to screw over the recording industry, who discouraged home taping.
4. Spiritualized: Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space (Special Edition)
The medicine-pack inspired packaging contained 12 separate mini-CDs (remember those?), one for each track. Each mini-disc popped out of a pill-style blister pack.
5. The Durutti Column: Return of the Durutti Column
The cover of this Factory Records release was entirely sandpaper, designed to scratch and destroy the album cover of whatever sat next to it on the shelf.
6. The Misfits: The Mistfits
Appropriately, a coffin-shaped box set.
7. The Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers
Designed by Andy Warhol, the cover featured a working zipper. The photo is not of Mick Jagger, as is often assumed, but of one of Warhol’s models.
8. Lemonade: Pure Moods
This release from True Panther Sounds is available on a working USB rubber bracelet.
9. Alice Cooper: School’s Out
A flip-top desk revealed
10. John Lennon and Yoko Ono: Wedding Album
A play on the word “album”, it contained a replica marriage certificate, a photo of their wedding cake, and other wedding related items.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️