5. And when your crush responds, it’s the single best 10 seconds of your life.
6. Your text back-and-forth consumes the next hour at least, no matter where you are and what you’re (supposed to be) doing.
7. But eventually you send a message that goes un-responded to.
UGHGHGHGHGH, it was a JOKE
9. Who even IS this person, and why are you always getting crushes on the most terrible ones?
14. You try to accept it. You’ve said “lol” at people you like before!! It’s no big deal. Nbd.
15. Eventually you decide you don’t care. Or you’re pretending you don’t.
16. But then…HOURS later, AGAIN, you get another text from this person??
18. But then it’s followed with, like, a smiley face or something. And you can’t help it. You’re reduced to this:
Editor, Ghost Hunter, Ufologist
Contact Katie Heaney at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️