5. And when your crush responds, it’s the single best 10 seconds of your life.
6. Your text back-and-forth consumes the next hour at least, no matter where you are and what you’re (supposed to be) doing.
7. But eventually you send a message that goes un-responded to.
UGHGHGHGHGH, it was a JOKE
9. Who even IS this person, and why are you always getting crushes on the most terrible ones?
14. You try to accept it. You’ve said “lol” at people you like before!! It’s no big deal. Nbd.
15. Eventually you decide you don’t care. Or you’re pretending you don’t.
16. But then…HOURS later, AGAIN, you get another text from this person??
18. But then it’s followed with, like, a smiley face or something. And you can’t help it. You’re reduced to this:
Senior Editor, Ghost Hunter, Ufologist
Contact Katie Heaney at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›