A year ago, Yahoo Canada user “Sharksharksahrk” presented the above inquiry. As you can see, the question goes chillingly unresolved. What DO girls want out of a guy’s Facebook profile picture? I took to the Internet to find out.
1. Contrast Your Shirt With Your Skin
If you don’t contrast your shirt with your skin color, girls might not even be able to SEE you in your profile picture. You don’t want the only comments from girls on your profile picture to be ones like this: “Are you even in this pic, lol.”
2. Wear Red Or Be Near Red
OK, we’ve established that you’re wearing a contrasting color to your skin, so unless your skin is green, you maybe shouldn’t actually WEAR red. (Unless you have red pants?!!!) Maybe just be NEAR something red.
3. Pose With Animals
So it’s really about just being in pictures with things that people like, isn’t it? Food, sunshine, water, pillows. Animals are probably best, but these could work too maybe.
4. Don’t Pose With Animals TOO Much, Though
Wait, what?? What does it mean if Fido’s in every photo??
5. Surround Yourself With As Many People As Possible
A picture of you with 10 or 20 friends is good, but a picture of you crouching behind, say, a college graduation class photo is even better. It doesn’t have to be yours. Wow, everyone here looks really good. So many people.
6. Stand By A Cool Natural Wonder
I think you think we’re extrapolating a lot more than we’re really extrapolating.
7. Stand By The Eiffel Tower
What about just standing next to a very large stack of money, holding a globe?
8. Show Leadership
Richard at LuvBlogger sums it up nicely and adds something new to consider: is your picture bossy enough? Could you shake your fist sternly at something and take a picture of that?
9. And Finally, Look Away From The Camera
Oooohhh, what are you looking at?? Oooh, so mysterious. Oh word, it’s just the dog again?
Behold: The Perfect Profile Picture For Guys
Graphic by Chris Ritter
Putting alllll of that advice to use, we’ve created the perfect profile picture. Maybe you can just Photoshop your head in, or something. I’m sure it will work! As well as any of the rest of this advice, anyway.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.