1. Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli
“I became a vegetarian when I was 12, so I don’t miss any actually good, adult foods and basically have no memory of what meat tastes like. But my mouth waters everytime I see a can of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli, which I used to eat directly from the can at my grandmother’s house.”
2. Meatball Appetizer with Grape Jelly
“The only real time I’ve longed to eat meat is when I go home to my parents house and my mom makes her signature meatball appetizers. The smell alone just kills me.”
“Cured meats like proscuitto, speck, and salami.”
4. Pastrami Sandwiches
“I’ve been vegetarian for 10+ years and I strangely crave pastrami sandwiches every now and then (e.g., when I’m drunk or hungover). I’ll cave in every few years and have a little piece if it’s around, but that’s sort of a secret so shhhh! Or not — I’m OK with being publicly shamed.”
5. Pulled Pork
“When I was vegan I missed pulled pork!” (YES.)
6. Chicken Salad
This is one of mine. It looks so fresh and lunch-y!!
7. Tuna Sandwiches
This is another of mine. I guess maybe it is partially a mayonnaise issue?
8. Fried Chicken
“I was a vegetarian for about seven years and the only meat I ever missed was chicken. Specifically, fried chicken.” (This seems to be the killer for a lot of us. For example, the image search I did to find the above photograph was miserable.)
9. And for vegans, it’s all about CHEESE.
“I am a vegan and I miss cheeeeeese. All cheese, but especially soft cheese. i literally have dreams about camembert. Or, ooh! You know what would be nice would be a baked brie, with red pepper jelly. Or, hell, just a baguette with some brie on it would be more than fine. Or pont l’eveque. It’s been 9 years since I had any cheese though, so maybe my memory is exaggerating how nice these things are.” (It isn’t.)
What non-veggie friendly food do YOU miss the most?
Add yours in the comments! This is a SAFE SPACE. (Although if you don’t miss any meats or cheeses, good job. Stay strong!)
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›