1. Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli
“I became a vegetarian when I was 12, so I don’t miss any actually good, adult foods and basically have no memory of what meat tastes like. But my mouth waters everytime I see a can of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli, which I used to eat directly from the can at my grandmother’s house.”
2. Meatball Appetizer with Grape Jelly
“The only real time I’ve longed to eat meat is when I go home to my parents house and my mom makes her signature meatball appetizers. The smell alone just kills me.”
4. Pastrami Sandwiches
“I’ve been vegetarian for 10+ years and I strangely crave pastrami sandwiches every now and then (e.g., when I’m drunk or hungover). I’ll cave in every few years and have a little piece if it’s around, but that’s sort of a secret so shhhh! Or not — I’m OK with being publicly shamed.”
6. Chicken Salad
This is one of mine. It looks so fresh and lunch-y!!
7. Tuna Sandwiches
This is another of mine. I guess maybe it is partially a mayonnaise issue?
8. Fried Chicken
“I was a vegetarian for about seven years and the only meat I ever missed was chicken. Specifically, fried chicken.” (This seems to be the killer for a lot of us. For example, the image search I did to find the above photograph was miserable.)
9. And for vegans, it’s all about CHEESE.
“I am a vegan and I miss cheeeeeese. All cheese, but especially soft cheese. i literally have dreams about camembert. Or, ooh! You know what would be nice would be a baked brie, with red pepper jelly. Or, hell, just a baguette with some brie on it would be more than fine. Or pont l’eveque. It’s been 9 years since I had any cheese though, so maybe my memory is exaggerating how nice these things are.” (It isn’t.)
What non-veggie friendly food do YOU miss the most?
Add yours in the comments! This is a SAFE SPACE. (Although if you don’t miss any meats or cheeses, good job. Stay strong!)
We've got your WKND covered.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.