1. Standing on your feet for eight-hour shifts until the heels of every last pair of shoes you own is ruined.
2. Getting to be the parent of dozens of adults, who apparently lose the ability to hang and fold clothes once inside a mall.
5. “OK just wait a sec—” “No, just—” “It’s not ready quite—” “OK try now.”
6. If you weren’t anal-retentive about organization before, you are now!
8. Hovering around the jean wall, supervising any customer who dares take a mid-pile pair off the shelf.
9. Wishing that, just once, you could scream “WE ARE ABOUT TO CLOSE.”
10. Having to get something from the back, by yourself, and getting literally terrified every time.
It’s too weird back here!!!! All these body parts and boxes!!!