1. The iced coffee costs ONE HUNDRED more dollars than hot coffee. Literally one hundred dollars more. Why?
2. The grimace on the face of your barista when you ask if they have flavored syrups.
3. If you DO find extras to add, like soy milk or whipped cream, you’re up to like $9 in no time.
4. And no Sweet’N Low or Equal? WHY? You’re too good for Sweet’N Low???
5. The moral superiority of those who insist on pour-over coffee.
(And it’s not even ever that hot?)
7. The time it takes to prepare any of the offered sandwiches, and how annoyed your barista is at you for ordering it. Though it is on the menu.
8. The way your hair smells after you leave. Like smoky bean death.
9. The passive-aggressive Luddite signs.
All right. We can decide who to talk to.
11. In general, the die-hard loyalty these places inspire. Over a drink.
COFFEE IS LIFE.
12. The staffs of mean, hungover 23-year-olds.
“Omg, I’m so hungover.” “No, no. Dude. I am so hungover. You don’t even know.”
13. The outlandish prices.
I should not be able to round my coffee total up to $10!!!
15. The stupid, stupid furniture.
This feels like a punishment. Do you want me … to leave.
16. Coffee art: takes so long, gone in one sip.
Save it for the canvas, Monet.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?