1. The iced coffee costs ONE HUNDRED more dollars than hot coffee. Literally one hundred dollars more. Why?
2. The grimace on the face of your barista when you ask if they have flavored syrups.
3. If you DO find extras to add, like soy milk or whipped cream, you’re up to like $9 in no time.
4. And no Sweet’N Low or Equal? WHY? You’re too good for Sweet’N Low???
5. The moral superiority of those who insist on pour-over coffee.
(And it’s not even ever that hot?)
7. The time it takes to prepare any of the offered sandwiches, and how annoyed your barista is at you for ordering it. Though it is on the menu.
8. The way your hair smells after you leave. Like smoky bean death.
9. The passive-aggressive Luddite signs.
All right. We can decide who to talk to.
11. In general, the die-hard loyalty these places inspire. Over a drink.
COFFEE IS LIFE.
12. The staffs of mean, hungover 23-year-olds.
“Omg, I’m so hungover.” “No, no. Dude. I am so hungover. You don’t even know.”
13. The outlandish prices.
I should not be able to round my coffee total up to $10!!!
15. The stupid, stupid furniture.
This feels like a punishment. Do you want me … to leave.
16. Coffee art: takes so long, gone in one sip.
Save it for the canvas, Monet.
We've got your WKND covered.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›