1. You have the energy to go out/party so rarely that you try to fit two weeks worth of fun into an hour and a half, and the college student inside of you is so disappointed in your three-shot maximum.
2. You’ve started to become delirious and THINK you see friends/classmates around your hometown, but really it’s just your weird neighbor.
Oh hey, Earl.
3. Instead of getting home from class and going to hang out with friends like you would at school, you get home from work and attempt to pass out as quickly as possible.
4. You are so sick of hearing how your high school friends think their college is better than yours.
I doubt Eastern Middle Mountain City College of the Arts is better than my state school. YEAH OK.
5. You’re shocked to see how many people you went to high school with are having babies…and how EVERYONE IS JUST CASUALLY FINE WITH IT.
But like HOW is this OK?
6. You totally forgot that housework, yard work, and chores were still something your parents could make you do.
THIS IS SLAVE LABOR, MOM.
7. You text some of your college friends to catch up, but they don’t respond for a week because they are just “so busy with the new internship.”
8. You’re forced to attend family friends’ graduation parties, but feel like you might as well be a 30-year-old when you see how young the most recent high school grads look.
But wait you’re 12.
9. You are so tired of explaining your summer plans to your parents’ friends that you wish you had just had little business cards with all of your summer information made up.
1. YES I love my school.
2. YES I am working.
3. YES I am home all summer.
4. YES I can dog sit when you go out of town next weekend.
(insert witty comment about clashing with your parents)
10. You’ve started to become overly excited about the most mundane things: fully charged electronics, waking up after 9 a.m., having the house to yourself, and leftovers.
98% battery? AW YEAH.
11. You also have trouble controlling your emotions when you see there’s a Law & Order SVU, House, or Friends marathon on TV.
12. You are now at the point where you pretend not to know how to cook, just so that your mom makes you stuff. Or you actually just don’t know how, so everything sucks.
Would goat cheese and lime be a good combo?
13. Your social life consists of refreshing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, and other social media, over and over again.
OMG she did NOT just tweet that.
14. You look like this whenever you leave your room/go out in public. ALWAYS.
15. You’ve had a countdown of how many days you have until you get to go back to school since the day you got home for the summer.
So close so close so close.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›