1. These 1,000 $1 Bills
Sanford took out $1,000 in ones to decry outside money being spent in his race against Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch.
2. This Cardbord cutout of Nancy Pelosi
He recently debated a cardboard cutout of the House Minority Leader.
3. Which of course launched 100 memes
This was our favorite.
4. This Horse and Buggy
in 2005, Sanford took a horse and buggy to the statehouse to protest “outdated” government.
5. These Two Pigs Nicknamed “Pork” and “Barrel”
As governor, Sanford took two pigs with him to the statehouse when the legislature kept overriding his vetoes. (He later joked he BBQ’d the pigs).
6. These plywood signs
Sanford is known for being a frugal guy, so he got volunteers to spray paint these signs.
7. This basket of dry cleaning
Sanford held a press conference at a dry cleaners, so he brought some clothes along.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.