1. These 1,000 $1 Bills
Sanford took out $1,000 in ones to decry outside money being spent in his race against Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch.
2. This Cardbord cutout of Nancy Pelosi
He recently debated a cardboard cutout of the House Minority Leader.
3. Which of course launched 100 memes
This was our favorite.
4. This Horse and Buggy
in 2005, Sanford took a horse and buggy to the statehouse to protest “outdated” government.
5. These Two Pigs Nicknamed “Pork” and “Barrel”
As governor, Sanford took two pigs with him to the statehouse when the legislature kept overriding his vetoes. (He later joked he BBQ’d the pigs).
6. These plywood signs
Sanford is known for being a frugal guy, so he got volunteers to spray paint these signs.
7. This basket of dry cleaning
Sanford held a press conference at a dry cleaners, so he brought some clothes along.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›