1. Hearing the theme song let you know that things were about to get good.
2. She was psychic, which is basically the coolest thing in the world.
3. Two words: the disguises.
They never worked. Ever.
4. Every character had a catchphrase, and they were all perfect.
Honorable mentions: “Oh snap!”, “Holla!”, “Here comes the pain”, “Mama like!”
5. She may have messed up once or twice (or basically every show in the series)
6. But there was always a lesson learned in the end.
7. She always knew the right thing to say.
10. And the other random characters were top notch.
Like her next door neighbor Sierra, who basically stalks Raven.
Or Alana and Bianca, who kinda sucked as people but obviously had great taste in sleepover food.
11. The show actually spoke out about REAL problems.
Including smoking/drugs, body image, stealing and racism.
13. They just GOT you.
14. We all wanted to be as fashion-savvy as Raven.
And if you say you didn’t, you’re lying.
15. The writing was genius.
16. It taught us to be confident…
even if our dance moves are subpar at best
And even though they didn’t always get along
Which was SO your life if you had siblings.
21. Boyz N Motion.
Admit it, you sang that for years.
22. This show gave us two of the best TV parents.
23. The show had its crazy moments, but still managed to stay funny.
Like when Raven accidentally gets her dad fired and pretends to be Liz Anya to get his job back.
This has been my ringtone for years.
Or when Chelsea and Raven weren’t invited to a party, so Raven cast a spell that eventually turned them both into talking cows.