1. This is not the image on the billboards for FX’s new vampire horror show, The Strain, co-created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.
2. Nor is this! But it could be!
4. Yes, this is the big version of what’s on all the billboards.
Let it be known I’m all for this show — I liked the pilot, and plan to watch more. It’s a horror show, and people who want to watch can see it in its 10 p.m. time slot when it premieres on Sunday, July 13.
But as a parent of small children — not to mention an adult human being who hates worms coming out of eyes — I’m surprised to see this image on public streets. I live in fear of my 4-year-old noticing it (he would cry, literally) and have taken to driving out of my way to avoid places where I know the billboard is.
5. And I am not alone!
A representative for FX informed BuzzFeed that the network is “in the process of replacing the key art for The Strain on outdoor media in several locations.” When asked for details — how many locations? in New York also? — the representative did not respond immediately.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates are debating for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.