1. This is not the image on the billboards for FX’s new vampire horror show, The Strain, co-created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.
2. Nor is this! But it could be!
3. Here it is, three blocks from the BuzzFeed L.A. office.
4. Yes, this is the big version of what’s on all the billboards.
Let it be known I’m all for this show — I liked the pilot, and plan to watch more. It’s a horror show, and people who want to watch can see it in its 10 p.m. time slot when it premieres on Sunday, July 13.
But as a parent of small children — not to mention an adult human being who hates worms coming out of eyes — I’m surprised to see this image on public streets. I live in fear of my 4-year-old noticing it (he would cry, literally) and have taken to driving out of my way to avoid places where I know the billboard is.
5. And I am not alone!
A representative for FX informed BuzzFeed that the network is “in the process of replacing the key art for The Strain on outdoor media in several locations.” When asked for details — how many locations? in New York also? — the representative did not respond immediately.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?