2. An analysis of 74 studies found that couples that engage in a particular pattern of avoidance can ruin their relationship.
A demand/withdraw pattern happens when one person approaches the other wanting attention — or with a criticism — and is met with silence.
5. And it’s a huge red flag of distress, mentally and physiologically.
Not only are you less happy in your relationship, you can have less intimacy and probably have worse communication — and that can manifest itself as anxiety and other effects, like erectile dysfunction.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.