1. Reddit user Ulysse Carion made this subway map based on our solar system.
2. What are these calculations, anyway?
In the simplest terms, they’re the changes in velocity a spacecraft can produce, or delta-v (or Δv, if you want to look super cool). That’s what the numbers on the subway lines represent.
3. Flying in space means moving from orbit to orbit.
And to do so, you need to change your velocity.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.