1. Reddit user Ulysse Carion made this subway map based on our solar system.
2. What are these calculations, anyway?
In the simplest terms, they’re the changes in velocity a spacecraft can produce, or delta-v (or Δv, if you want to look super cool). That’s what the numbers on the subway lines represent.
3. Flying in space means moving from orbit to orbit.
And to do so, you need to change your velocity.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›