1. Reddit user Ulysse Carion made this subway map based on our solar system.
2. What are these calculations, anyway?
In the simplest terms, they’re the changes in velocity a spacecraft can produce, or delta-v (or Δv, if you want to look super cool). That’s what the numbers on the subway lines represent.
3. Flying in space means moving from orbit to orbit.
And to do so, you need to change your velocity.
- Israeli officials have authorized police to seal off parts of Jerusalem after a wave of stabbings by Palestinians. ›
- The U.S. Democratic presidential candidates had their first debate of the 2016 election cycle on Tuesday night ?? ›
- The Chicago Cubs have defeated the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Championship Series ⚾️ ›