1. Reddit user Ulysse Carion made this subway map based on our solar system.
2. What are these calculations, anyway?
In the simplest terms, they’re the changes in velocity a spacecraft can produce, or delta-v (or Δv, if you want to look super cool). That’s what the numbers on the subway lines represent.
3. Flying in space means moving from orbit to orbit.
And to do so, you need to change your velocity.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.