1. Reddit user Ulysse Carion made this subway map based on our solar system.
2. What are these calculations, anyway?
In the simplest terms, they’re the changes in velocity a spacecraft can produce, or delta-v (or Δv, if you want to look super cool). That’s what the numbers on the subway lines represent.
3. Flying in space means moving from orbit to orbit.
And to do so, you need to change your velocity.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›