1. “Wild Thing” singer Reg Presley has passed away at the age of 71.
2. “This Is Spinal Tap,” released in 1984, is the funniest film about rock music ever made.
3. It features a scene in which the fictional band argue, endlessly and pointlessly, in the recording studio.
4. That scene was inspired by a bootleg recording of The Troggs having a foulmouthed meltdown. It’s very funny and VERY British.
5. Standout quotes? Well…
6. “You’ve got to put a little bit of f***ing fairy dust over the bastard, you know?”
7. “Oh, we’ll put some f***ing fairy dust over it. I’ll piss all over the tape!”
8. “You’re talking out the back of your f***ing arses!”
9. Here’s f***ing part one:
10. And here’s f***ing part two:
11. And here’s a scene from “This Is Spinal Tap.” Hear the similarity?
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›