1. After months of being the ‘Bhatt’ of all jokes, Alia starred in a mockumentary called “Genius Of The Year.”
2. The All India Bakchod video, which has garnered nearly 2 million views in a day, depicts Bhatt going through rigorous brain training in the days following her infamous Koffee With Karan GK gaffe…
3. And returning to the show having gained several IQ points, eventually triumphing in its GK round.
Watch the mockumentary here.
4. One day after the video was released, Alia’s trolls have already updated their trolling mechanism: a new Facebook page called “Smart Alia Bhatt Trolls” has gained 33,000 likes within 20 hours of its creation.
5. Alia Bhatt jokes, which used to mock her lack of general knowledge, are now about how smart she is.
8. Regarding rumours and accusations that the video was made as PR stunt for Bhatt, AIB member Rohan Joshi told BuzzFeed that he finds them “hilarious”:
It’s hilarious, people think Mahesh Bhatt paid us 50 crore, Dhrama paid us 80 crore, and Alia herself paid us 100 crore to do this video for her as “PR.” Now if you’ll excuse me, my new private jet isn’t going to fly itself, and I want to be on my yacht by dinnertime at the latest.