8. Barad-dûr and the Eye of Sauron
Classic high fantasy readers shouldn’t have a hard time finding impressive Lord of the Rings-themed jack o’lanterns, especially given the success of the movies. But here’s one gorgeously detailed example. (Carved by Noel at Fantasy Pumpkins)
9. Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons
Or if grittier epic fantasy is more your thing, there are also quite a few A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones pumpkins to be found too. Here’s another stunning carving from Noel at Fantasy Pumpkins.
Really, the beautiful covers of many kidlit and YA lit books these days could make eye-catching and fun jack o’lanterns. For example there’s this depiction of Brisingr from the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. (Carved by Noel at Fantasy Pumpkins)
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire.
- Twitter's shares fell steeply in after-hours trading after they reported a decline in monthly users 📉