1. “I’m just too independent for a relationship.”
Being single doesn’t make you independent, being independent makes you independent.
2. “I don’t need someone else to make me happy.”
Neither do I, but I do enjoy sharing my happiness with someone else.
3. “I don’t want to be tied down.”
I agree that sounds pretty terrible, but that’s not what a healthy relationship feels like.
4. “What if you break up?”
What if we don’t? You must be one of those people who doesn’t eat raw cookie dough for the fear of contracting salmonella, too.
5. “I don’t have time for a relationship.”
I don’t have time to listen to you.
7. “Don’t you ever get bored?”
Only right now talking about this.
8. “When are you getting married?”
You’ll know when I send you a Save the Date… IF you stop asking me this question.
9. “Don’t you ever feel like you’re missing out on life?”
I’m not dead.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.