1. While growing up as a native born New Englander, the change of seasons never really affected you much.
2. Mom and Dad shoveled, drove in the blizzards, and then still made you hot cocoa.
3. Growing up, where you lived wasn’t really a choice you could make so you never thought anything about it.
4. But before you know it, you’re applying to colleges and realize you can live ANYWHERE for the next four years!
5. Of course, you pick a school in New England because it’s close to home and you realize plane flights there and back will cost you an arm and a leg.
6. Suddenly, the leaves changing color now fills you with an urgent need to hibernate for the next four months and pretend summer is the only season that exists.
7. You meet people at your New England college who are from California and you harshly question their sanity.
What is wrong with you?