1. Ever wonder what NASA uses all those supercomputers for? In part, for running simulations like this:
From NASA, this simulations “follows the development of a single disk galaxy over about 13.5 billion years, from shortly after the Big Bang to the present time.” That’s about
Old stars are colored red, younger ones are white and blue. Gas is pale blue.
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.