1. This is a demo of the Ultra-Ever Dry coating, designed to repel liquid:
2. Like your smartphone screen, it’s oleophobic — it repels oil.
3. But it’s hydrophobic, too:
This particular coating isn’t appropriate for smartphones — it’s better for heavier hardware than glass. But it’s reasonable to expect that, at some point soon, waterproof and fingerprint-resistant electronics will be commonplace. And it’ll be in part because of super-slick coatings like this. You can watch the whole video here:
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)