1. This is a demo of the Ultra-Ever Dry coating, designed to repel liquid:
2. Like your smartphone screen, it’s oleophobic — it repels oil.
3. But it’s hydrophobic, too:
This particular coating isn’t appropriate for smartphones — it’s better for heavier hardware than glass. But it’s reasonable to expect that, at some point soon, waterproof and fingerprint-resistant electronics will be commonplace. And it’ll be in part because of super-slick coatings like this. You can watch the whole video here:
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.