1. This is a demo of the Ultra-Ever Dry coating, designed to repel liquid:
2. Like your smartphone screen, it’s oleophobic — it repels oil.
3. But it’s hydrophobic, too:
This particular coating isn’t appropriate for smartphones — it’s better for heavier hardware than glass. But it’s reasonable to expect that, at some point soon, waterproof and fingerprint-resistant electronics will be commonplace. And it’ll be in part because of super-slick coatings like this. You can watch the whole video here:
- The CIA has officially — but very quietly — admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina are the latest Republicans to drop out of the 2016 presidential race 🇺🇸
- The reboot of popular BBC car show *Top Gear* will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁