Points in favor of mathematician George Hart’s interlocking bagel technique:
1. Looks cool
2. Keeps the other half of your bagel from rolling away on you (a serious and common problem)
3. Extra surface area for cream cheese
4. Lets all your breakfastmates know that you have good spacial awareness + cutting skills
5. Pull it apart with a friend — the person whose bagel doesn’t break gets a wish
1. Maybe too cool? Nobody will want to eat breakfast with you because they’ll all feel like huge idiots eating normally sliced bagels (ugh)
The video’s a little hard to follow, but Hart has posted more detailed photo instructions here:
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.