1. Here’s the dialer and home screen:
BlackBerry 10 looks like Samsung’s Android skins, or even Bada.
2. This is how you answer calls:
Simple, but it ought to be.
3. The photo roll and camera seem a bit glitchy:
It’s early software, but still.
4. The notification center is more Apple than Google:
And more confusing than either.
It’s not ugly, and it seems to run fairly smoothly. But those are smartphone OS table stakes circa 2009 — now you need a healthy app store too.
It’s going to be a tough climb back for BlackBerry.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›