1. Here’s the dialer and home screen:
BlackBerry 10 looks like Samsung’s Android skins, or even Bada.
2. This is how you answer calls:
Simple, but it ought to be.
3. The photo roll and camera seem a bit glitchy:
It’s early software, but still.
4. The notification center is more Apple than Google:
And more confusing than either.
It’s not ugly, and it seems to run fairly smoothly. But those are smartphone OS table stakes circa 2009 — now you need a healthy app store too.
It’s going to be a tough climb back for BlackBerry.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.