2. It’s basically like watching supermodels slide around on ice.
8. History Lesson: curling started as a bunch of drunk Scots throwing rocks around on a frozen pond
They couldn’t even control the stones, so it was more a game of luck than skill.
9. In fact, it was only added as an Olympic sport in 1998
… so you can stop complaining
10. I don’t know why you would, because curling’s the only Olympic sport where you can drink during the game
And even if you lose, the winning team HAS to buy you a beer.
11. You need to watch because of the insane shots that happen almost constantly
You don’t need to understand the yelling to know these shots take a ridiculous amount of skill.
12. Like a run-back double for instance
Good luck with that.
13. Why not make things more difficult and split that double around your own stone?
Piece of cake.
14. And now the double run-back split to sit three?
I didn’t know granite could move like that.