1. You’re a badass with the coolest job in the world — at least that’s what you tell yourself mentally preparing for your shift.
2. You immediately begin serious bouts of cleaning that would make any neat freak proud.
5. Because no matter how good your service and drinks are, some customers are just terrible.
7. And can’t believe that you’re intelligent and completely happy with your job.
NBC/ Keely Flaherty / Via buzzfeed.com
8. The customers who think they’re very clever.
Jed Jacobsohn / Getty Images
12. The customers who snap their fingers at you.
14. You realize you’re an expert at things you’ve never been good at — like cutting people off when they’ve drank too much.
18. When you’re nearly starved and order food from the kitchen but you have to wait four hours to actually eat.
21. But by the end of night, you’re gathering all your tips.
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›